5.13.2005

A conversation between Merry and Pippin on the way to the Prancing Pony (with slight comments from various other members of the traveling party)

Merry: Pippin?
Pippin: Yes Merry, what is it?
Merry: Oh nothing. I was just trying to decide how far away from me you are. I can't quite make out your form.
Pippin: Yeah, it's dark. How long have we been traveling?
Merry: Oh, I dunno. A while that's for sure. We left Tom Bombadil's house at sunrise.
Pippin: A whole day. My feet are kinda sore.
Samwise: And I forgot my bloody shoes...
Pippin: What's that Sam?
Samwise: Oh nothing.
Merry: I wonder if this rain will ever let up!
Pippin: I would have much rather preferred to stay at Tom's house. Great food, he had. And strong ale as old as time itself! A hobbit's dream, I'd say!
Merry: Pippin, you do know that the ale actually was as old as time...since Tom was too...right?
Pippin: What? Tom looked a bit young....
(pause)
Merry: You're telling me...What are you telling me?
Pippin: I must have missed the part where he told us that he was as old as time.
Merry: How could you miss that? It was in all his songs and stuff!
Pippin: Hey! That explains how he knew all those old stories! I was wondering about that!!
Merry:........
Frodo: Pippin, how much of the time are you actually listening to what we're saying?
Pippin: What?
Frodo: ...wow...
Pipping: No really, what? What did I miss?
Merry: Let's just walk in silence, okay?
Pippin: Well, okay.
(long pause)
Pippin: That River Daughter was very pretty hot! Tom must have a hard time deciding which men to let court his daughter. She didn't seem very open to flattery. I asked her out but she wasn't very perseptive to the idea.
(another pause, shorter)
Merry (exasperated): Pippin, you can't be serious!
Pippin: What? Do you think that she's too good for me or something?
Merry: No, you Ork! She wasn't Tom's daughter!
Pippin: What? What do you mean?
Samwise: Oh for cryin out loud!
Merry: You dunse! River Daughter was Tom's wife!
Pippin: What??...Well that explains a lot! And it makes me feel better.
Merry: Makes you feel better? What do you mean?
Pippin: Well, that obviously doesn't mean that she wasn't attracted to me. It just means that she was already married.
Frodo: I'll never be able to show myself anywhere near Tom again!
Merry: It makes me feel like an oaf's commpanion is what!
Samwise: Haven't you heard? It's been confermed...he truly is the son of an oaf.
Pippin: Hey! And she wasn't directly connected to my family anyway!
Merry: *sigh* This is going to be a REALLY long trip.
Samwise: And they told me it was a vacation...HA!
Pippin: Well I'm enjoying myself! Maybe you guys could get a little more on the bright side.
Frodo: Pippin...I just don't understand how you could not get that they were married. I mean, are you seriously never listening?
Merry: yes.
Samwise: yes.
Pippin: no!
Pippin: Okay, now I agree with Merry. Let's just walk in silence. I've had enough.
Merry: 'Bout time.
Samwise: What's that up ahead?
Merry: I really can't see anything at this moment.
Frodo: Neither can I. How can you, Sam?
Samwise: Well, It's a big sign with flashing lights that says, "Brandywine Movie Theaters". Come on, don't tell me you guys can't see that.
Merry: Oh, now I see.
Pippin: Ouch! Hey, Merry, watch your step!
Merry: Sorry.
(pause)
Pippin: Well, should we go see a movie? I mean, what else is there that we have to do? We're on a vacation, right? Right guys?
(pause)
Pippin: Guys?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What else can I say?? This site is awsome!

Your joyful maiden of horses

06:41  
Blogger Polenta said...

funny! i loved it.


golly! o thnk heav'n!!

17:05  
Blogger fiddlin' fool said...

OMG!!!!! I just reread this and it is so firckin' funny!!!!! still!!!!!!

08:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home